With regard to the malicious and inaccurate information in the context of marking the January 9 – the Day of the Republic of Srpska being broadcasted these days by the part of media in BiH, especially those in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Cabinet of the President of the Republic of Srpska wishes to inform the public on the following:
– Marking January 9 – the Day of the Republic of Srpska is carried out in accordance with the Law on the Day of the Republic of Srpska (“Official Gazette of the Republic of Srpska” No. 113/16 of December 27, 2016), which is legal and legitimate, it is in force and, as such, it produces legal effects;
– The fact that Bosniak political representatives are again attempting to dispute the Law on the Day of the Republic of Srpska before the BiH Constitutional Court, they do not question its current validity and effect in any way;
– The Cabinet of the President of the Republic of Srpska, as well as other institutions and, most importantly, the people of the Republic of Srpska, as demonstrated during the celebration of the Day of the Republic of Srpska this year, completely reject the attempts of Bosniak political representatives to remake and distort the historical facts;
– In accordance with the aforementioned, it is a notorious fact that the Republic of Srpska was created by holding the founding Assembly, and by adopting the Declaration on proclamation of January 9, 1992 and that as such, it has introduced its territorial integrity and legal subjectivity into the Dayton BiH, which was also confirmed by the reports by the most important international legal authorities, such as the Venice Commission;
– The leadership, institutions and the people of the Republic of Srpska are united in the position that the Day of the Republic of Srpska is one of the key elements of our identity and that its marking can only be decided on by the institutions and the people of the Republic of Srpska;
– On this occasion, the Cabinet of the President of the Republic of Srpska congratulates the Day of the Republic of Srpska to all citizens, with the desire for a stronger, stable and prosperous Srpska.